Friday, January 20, 2017

Theme of the Year: EDUCATION

This year I'm trying to have a theme year. 2017 is my year of Education. Did you guys know about this thing called the internet? It's amazing! So much FREE or cheap education. Even off the internet I am finding resources to help me become better educated and more worldly.

I'm exciting to explore the world around me and soak up anything that I can learn on my own. For example: below are the following things I'm planning in 2017.


1) Writing: Sure, I can write a decent story. I've already done so and you'll get to see it later this year. I'm super excited about this. However, I'm not arrogant and know that educating myself further for my writing is a key essential thing to have in my life. Groupon had this amazing offer for a writing course online. For less than a tank of gas I signed up for a 14 module writing course that teaches (with quizzes and a certificate at the end) the key concepts of writing: character, plot, genre's and so much more. Excited to see how much this helps with my writing!

2) Dance Fitness Certification: Crazzzy!!! I'm so excited about this. I'm not very coordinated with using my hands and feet at the same time...don't even think about trying to be sexy doing it...so this is something I'm working on. I love working out. It helps the mind in soooooo many ways. Dancing is something I am big on as well, it's so much fun and so good for the body. I'm going to practice the videos (I signed up for the Red Hot Fitness program online.....7 days....7 videos). Once I feel like I've mastered that, then I'll sign up for to become a certified teacher/dance fitness instructor. This will not only benefit my body, BUT, will be good side income once we leave military life in 6 years!

3) Mommy Road Trip: This Summer I am planning an awesome mommy road trip to NC. As a hobby photographer, I LOVE taking pictures; especially outdoors. Researching, I have found an amazing hiking trail with a few waterfalls that are calling my name.
Hint: I'm going to the Arena. :D Eeeek!!!! *jumps up and down like an fanatic!*


I'm rediscovering myself thanks to a few special people in my life. I feel like I've been asleep for years and years and a simple incident has awoken the true passion in me that shouldn't be stuck in a corner of my soul. "Nobody puts Baby in the Corner".....aahhahahaha...I know cheesy....but true!

Embrace who you are, even if you have no clue who that is right now....find her/ or him. Let them out and encourage them. You'll be better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment