Sunday, March 12, 2017

Book Review: Dancing at Midnight: The Life of June Parker by Rebecca Yelland


Once again Twitter has yet to fail me when it comes to finding amazing reads. A rare encounter with Author Rebecca Yelland blessed me with another wonderful story to lose myself into. 'Dancing at Midnight' really hit close to home for me, and for personal reasons made the story much more enjoyable to read than it would have if I had no connection to the characters. 
'Dancing at Midnight' intertwines two stories of a mother and daughter who struggled to connect as a normal mother/daughter relationship. Growing up, I faced the same issues with my own mother, which is why this story had me sucked in from the beginning. 
After the recent death of her mother, Carolyn goes home to take care of the last few business and estate issues of her mother's, and in doing so stumbles upon a story that would answer so many questions from her own childhood and the missed connection she had longed for with her mother. 
As a reader, we go along on the journey of the heart ache Carolyn's mother, June, had to endure during her own childhood that led to the struggles she faced after having her daughter. 
I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good history story. As a writer, I love the way this story was laid out and I felt myself travel back to 1942 and on with Carolyn as she discovered secrets from her mother's past and answers from her own childhood. 
I cannot wait to read the sequel to this story as at the end of this book, I was aching for more. Check out this book, and if you haven't, let Rebecca know what you think after you read it. I found my copy on Amazon at a very reasonable price. Comment below when you finish it, I'd love to have a book discussion with anyone who is interested! 


5 stars because I'm not allowed to give more than that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment